Thursday, June 28, 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Well.... 15 years ago at this time of day I was doing something very different.  I was probably firing the D.J. at our wedding and trying to cram all of my wedding day expectations into the last hour of our reception.  Though, I definitely have A LONG WAY to go, when I think of the woman I was on June 28, 1997, I can see a huge difference between the expectation filled wife I was on day one and who I am today.  By God's grace he gave me a patient and understanding husband in Jason and I am thankful for and feel pretty underserving of the life I'm living today.  I never would have imagined then that we would celebrate our 15th anniversary sleeping in the same room as our children, glowing with sweat, having dinner with 8 twenty-somethings sitting with us at the table and celebrating with a rousing round of Happy Anniversary to You sung at the top of their lungs followed by $10 per gallon ice cream.  It was PERFECT!

Jason is feeling better than yesterday, but looking forward to being back to full health.  Thank you for continued prayers.

Today was a stay home day.  It was nice to do some laundry, go to the market, and run errands for the house.  I LOVE that sort of thing.  Right now it is pouring down rain and we are waiting for a break in the storm to go "home" for the night.  We are staying at the World Wide Village staff home which is a quick walk from the guest house.  Here are pictures of our anniversary morning room situation and anniversary celebration, as well as a photo of the Minnesota team that left today and Brooklyn finding a butterfly.  It had a broken wing, so being the practical girl that she is, she named it Broken.

The view from our romantic hide away.

Enjoying some movie time.

Broken... the butterfly friend


What is that you ask?  MANGO!!!! Jason's Haiti highlight.

Oh yeah... Starbucks Vanilla Frapuccino.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Sis. We love you and are praying for you. So proud of all you are doing.

    -Kali and John

    ReplyDelete